Table of Contents
For those of us who enjoy spending time in the kitchen and take pride in homemade creations, home-cooked dog treats are certainly on the to-do list. Even if you’re not a highly skilled baker, there are simple recipes that cooks of all skill levels can successfully make.
Because sweet potato is such a tasty, healthy treat for dogs, we love this simple, 3-ingredient dog treat recipe. It features mashed sweet potatoes and peanut butter, a popular favorite in the canine world! If your dog likes these ingredients, give this treat recipe a try and see how they like them.
Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Recipe by: DogVills
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (all natural)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Mix peanut butter and mashed sweet potatoes together until well combined.
- Add 1/4 C of flour, stirring as you add. Mix well.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and roll out the dough with a rolling pin to ¼-½ inch thick.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out treats and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Allergies? No problem!
If your dog can’t eat wheat, you can easily swap out the flour for an allergy-friendly flour, such as coconut flour, rice flour, or pea flour.
Did you try this recipe? Tell us (or show us) how it went by posting on social media and tagging @gohealthypaws.
Featured photo credit: dogvills.com.