- Most dogs only need a bath once per month to prevent drying out the skin.
- Use warm water and fluffy towels to clean your dog at bath time.
- Shampoos with oatmeal, lavender, and tea tree oil are good for dogs.
- Here are some hilarious and adorable photos of dogs getting baths.
Baths – love ’em or hate ’em, they’re essential for a healthy (and fresh-smelling) dog. Your pup does need to rub-a-dub-dub, but not more than once a month. Bathing a dog too often strips the natural oils and dries out the skin, while a dirty dog can suffer from skin irritation – not to mention stinkiness. Always use shampoos with natural ingredients like oatmeal, tea tree oil, and lavender. Make sure your pet isn’t allergic to any scents; symptoms of allergies in dogs include red or scaly skin and excessive itching.
Avoid making bath time a big deal: your dog will only freak out if you do. Use warm water and make sure the room is also at a comfortable temperature. Large, fluffy towels allow for drying off on humans’ terms – no shake and soak! – while some pups will even allow the use of a hair dryer. Above all, ensure your pet is at ease with no hard feelings afterwards – unlike these pets…
(via Y0ungGrassh0pper on Reddit)
(via ceciliaj731 on Reddit)
(via deafbrowndog on Reddit)
(via If-it-isnt-her on Reddit)
(via thedude346 on Reddit)
(via JollyTom on Reddit)
(via 4CylTurboGoesBrapppp on Reddit)
(via likwitsnake on Reddit)
10. “Not so happy about bath time…”