- Most dogs only need a bath once per month to prevent drying out the skin.
- Use warm water and fluffy towels to clean your dog at bath time.
- Shampoos with oatmeal, lavender, and tea tree oil are good for dogs.
- Here are some hilarious and adorable photos of dogs getting baths.
Baths – love ’em or hate ’em, they’re essential for a healthy (and fresh-smelling) dog. Your pup does need to rub-a-dub-dub, but not more than once a month. Bathing a dog too often strips the natural oils and dries out the skin, while a dirty dog can suffer from skin irritation – not to mention stinkiness. Always use shampoos with natural ingredients like oatmeal, tea tree oil, and lavender. Make sure your pet isn’t allergic to any scents; symptoms of allergies in dogs include red or scaly skin and excessive itching.
Avoid making bath time a big deal: your dog will only freak out if you do. Use warm water and make sure the room is also at a comfortable temperature. Large, fluffy towels allow for drying off on humans’ terms – no shake and soak! – while some pups will even allow the use of a hair dryer. Above all, ensure your pet is at ease with no hard feelings afterwards – unlike these pets…
1. “My dog really needed a bath. I suddenly felt like I was in a Sarah McLachlan commercial.“
(via Y0ungGrassh0pper on Reddit)
2. “My dog’s expression before bath…”
(via ceciliaj731 on Reddit)
3. “My dogs best “Anything but a bath!” face.“
(via deafbrowndog on Reddit)
4. “My friends old dog soaks in a bath to help with his arthritis.“
(via If-it-isnt-her on Reddit)
(via thedude346 on Reddit)
6. “Saddest expression ever. Pippa after her bath.“
7. “Gave the little guy his first bath…”
(via JollyTom on Reddit)
8. “Emma feels defeated after a bath.“
(via 4CylTurboGoesBrapppp on Reddit)
9. “Three different reactions to bath time.”
(via likwitsnake on Reddit)
10. “Not so happy about bath time…”