8 Apple Dog Treat Recipes
- Homemade apple treats can be healthy snacks for dogs.
- Examples to try include dog-friendly apple chips, cookies, and pretzels.
- This article links to recipes with apples that you can make for your dog.
Whether you’re out apple picking or it’s the middle of summer, whip up these homemade apple dog treats for healthy, DIY snacks.
1. Homemade Apple Chips for Dogs from First Home Love Life
This tasty dog treat recipe uses organic apples for an oh-so-crunchy treat canines will love.
2. Peanut Butter with Apple Sauce Cookies for Dogs from The Lazy Pit Bull
The perfect proportions of peanut butter and apple sauce make for a moist, flavorful mouthful for mutts.
3. Oat and Apple Pretzel Dog Treats from The Cookie Rookie
Just in time for German-American Month, these pup-pleasers are also palatable for pet parents: just add salt!
4. Kale Apple Mint Dog Treat Recipe from Good Dogs & Co.
These homemade dog biscuits do double duty to freshen bad dog breath thanks to the third ingredient, mint.
5. Pumpkin Apple Dog Treat Recipe from Fake Ginger
‘Tis the season for all thinks pumpkin! Let your pups in on the trend with these simple yet scrumptious homemade dog treats.
6. Harvest Apple and Bacon Dog Treats from Good Dogs & Co.
Another recipe from GD&C, these treats combine two of pups’ favorite things: apples and bacon.
7. Frozen Apple Dog Ice Treats from Irresistible Pets
Incredibly simple yet insanely tasty (to dogs), pet parents on the go can whip up these frozen dog treats in under 15 minutes.
8. Apple Crunch Pupcakes from Miss Candiquik
Perfect for fall b-days, make some apple crunch pupcakes for your next dog birthday party.